If you’re hosting a party, there isn’t anything more embarrassing than having a messy venue, especially if it’s your home. Although we all try to spruce everything in our home before we invite guests over, it’s easy to overlook some areas.
To make matters a little more stressful, your guests will be your toughest, internal critics. But you can avoid having your Great Gram scold you over dirty windows. Follow these squeaky clean tips, and you will be a step closer to having an enjoyable party.
|Five Noticeable Spots to Clean Before a Party|
- Clean all nooks, crannies and CORNERS. A lot of dust gathers in the corners of shelves and rooms.
- Wipe Kitchen Appliances. Try focusing on cleaning the stovetop and the refrigerator door handle. These two will end up grungy-looking by the end of your party, but it’s best to make them look spotless prior to guests arriving.
- Scrub Door Frames. People tend to linger in doorways and grab onto the doorframe and leave dirty finger print marks.
- Wipe all surfaces and windows. This is especially important if you have pets or children. The smudge you walk past every day will stand out noticeably to your guests.
- If it’s at eye level, clean it! Guests are naturally curious and will look at everything from your wedding photo on the wall to the water ring stain on your refurbished end table.
When preparing your home for a flood of guests, try focusing on the rooms that guests will be in. Always try to have the common areas, such as the kitchen, dining room and living room, tidy. Also, don’t forget that your guests may need to use the restroom. Make sure to inform your guests where the restroom is. This will avoid a lot of confusion and random roaming in your home.
There are many things to think about when planning a party or event. For more helpful party tips or how to plan a party, reach out to your Palm Beach Party Design Shop on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Etsy. If you’re looking to book your Palm Beach party planner, give Te Amo Charlie a call at 561-412-5322.