Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dr. Seuss Birthday Party


I love Dr. Seuss, and so does my stepdaughter. We recently had a Dr. Seuss themed birthday party for Chloe at her school and another party with friends and family.

Both parties were a hit. I shopped for the party supplies at the last minute and was incredibly surprised that NO ONE in Palm Beach County had any Dr. Seuss or Cat in the Hat party supplies. However, I became very inventive with InDesign and let Chloe get  creative with everything she wanted.

Cat in the Hat Printable Invitations
 This was the first invitation I drafted up for Chloe's birthday party. I really loved it at first.

But I got to the point where I kept looking at it so much that I began to see it as boring.

Chloe and I worked together to come up with the colors and design. She wanted dots and the Cat in the Hat on the invitation.

During our trial print, the invitations came out perfectly clear. But after 2 weeks, I decided not to go with this invitation.

Cat in the Hat Printable Cupcake Toppers
 Now check out these Dr. Seuss Cupcake Toppers!

After we printed and cut the toppers out, they looked great. Chloe worked on putting the tape and toothpicks on the cupcake toppers.

I thought she was going to get bored and opt out of helping, but she enjoyed herself a lot.

I made my cupcake toppers pretty big. Originally we wanted these massive cupcakes. But I made mini cupcakes for her class, and didn't have the time to buy a larger cupcake pan and reprint the toppers smaller.


Printable Dr Seuss Baby Shower Invitations
Ultimately, this is what the invitation looked like for the most part. I put in more spacing between the information and made the blue font darker.

These Dr. Seuss invitations have been a hit on my Etsy shop.

I have a few variations, which I will post up soon in another blog post.

I highly recommend considering a Dr. Seuss Birthday Party or Baby Shower.

Just today, I received a request to create informations, sign and cupcake toppers for a woman who is turning 21. I can't wait to share the final product!


For more information on how to purchase your custom party invitations, shoot me an email at info @ customprintableinvitations.com. You can also visit me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment